Gundog training taught by masters in the craft with decades of experience.
Are you looking for the finest gundog training?
See what Blue Cypress Kennels has to offer that cannot be found anywhere else in the country.
British Labradors are sought after around the world for their calm demeanor, intelligence, fearlessness in the field and inherent game-finding ability. These characteristics were developed and refined for over 100 years through thoughtful breeding and training priorities.
In a British field trial, anything approaching poor manners (barking, whining, unsteadiness to name a few) is automatic grounds for disqualification; yet these same dogs must be capable of retrieves of tremendous distances – often out of sight of the handler but still in control and working in concert as a team.
The reason these qualities translate so well to the needs of hunters here in the United States is that the trials in Britain are still held on actual hunts. So the dog that becomes a champion in Britain was the one that was the best gundog, the best dog at the hunt, for multiple days against a very high level of competition. Isn’t that what we are all looking for in our own hunting companions?
At Blue Cypress Kennels, we are as selective about the trainers we use as we are about dogs we utilize in our breeding program. Collectively, our trainers have decades of experience in training gundogs for every type of owner, from those seeking to compete at the highest levels of competition to someone who wants a lovely companion to share their home and hunts.
Please note that due to high demand, we are only able to provide training to clients who have purchased a dog from us. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Contact us for details, pricing and how to reserve the best gundog training available for your British Labrador.
– Pups from different lines
– Delivered at 8 weeks of age
– Current on all shots and dewormings
Delivered at 6 months and are performing the following:
– Crate Trained and Housebroken
– Obedience on-lead and starting off the lead work
– Lining on single retrieves and started to steady
– Early introductions to water, birds, and gunfire
– Started on a training program
All the skill sets of Started Dog program plus:
– Lining on Multiple retrieves for land and water
– Stop to whistle and cast work both land and water
– Scenario training for duck hunting and upland hunting
– Steady to shot and flushing bird
– Started on patterns for blind retrieves
– All obedience skills off the lead
– Hunted the first season on the plantation and retrieved 150 plus birds
– Delivered at 18 months old or after
All the skill sets in both the Started and Seasoned Dog programs plus:
– Continue work on cold blinds and concepts of blinds with Marking setups
– Steady to all scenarios including wagon dog type hunting
– Picking up on Tower / Driven and Plantation style hunts
– Picked over 300 birds in two full seasons
– Delivered at 26 months or later
Custom Training for BCK Dogs Only
– Any pup from our approved litters
– Customized program to train skills for your personal dog
– Outdoor Adventure / Shed or Blood Trailing / Waterfowl and Upland
– Select spots for this program